Britain 2021 is the definitive guide to British travel for staycationers and vacationers alike
After a year of restricted travel, get ready to revisit old haunts and explore more of our beautiful shores. Whatever you love about Britain – craggy castles or winding country lanes, rambling gardens or scenic beaches – you’ll find it within the pages of Britain 2021.
We’ve given each part of the country its own mini chapter, including a section dedicated to highlights, hidden gems and events in every region to help you plan a visit.
And we’ve explored some of the country’s loveliest corners to inspire you, from historic 1066 Country to Yorkshire’s atmospheric moors; from north Norfolk’s stately homes by the sea to the timeless villages of Cornwall.
- Where to stay in 2021 – whether it’s a country house escape or a rustic bolthole, a sophisticated city stay or a foodie break, you’ll find your perfect getaway on these pages
- London – after a year of stop-start openings in between lockdowns, London’s museums are welcoming visitors back with an enticing array of blockbuster exhibitions
- Southwest England – discover the beautiful, beguiling and rugged land of West Penwith in the far reaches of Cornwall
- Southeast England – England’s south coast has a rich heritage, harbouring castles and ancient sites that tell the story of the Battle of Hastings and beyond
- Heart of England – from heathery moors and underground caverns to spectacular stately homes, the Peak District has it all
- East of England – explore peaceful Norfolk, whose stately homes are a grand counterpoint to its rural landscapes
- Northern England – equal parts mystical moor and secluded seashore, the Yorkshire coast is like nowhere else in England
- Wales – with its wild cliffs, pretty coves and puffins galore, St Brides Bay holds the best of Pembrokeshire
- Scotland – the North Coast 500 is an epic driving route that takes
you past some of the country’s most spellbinding scenery
- Britain’s islands – once the haunt of smugglers, the Scilly Isle of Tresco
was dramatically transformed by one man’s vision
- British days out – use our regional directory to plan your next trip
From the makers of BRITAIN magazine, the Britain 2021 guide is now on sale in UK stores (coming to the US on 29 June 2021) and online.