1. Where was Anne Boleyn’s mother, Lady Elizabeth Howard, born?
2. The siege of Powderham Castle was an important event in the English Civil War, but in what year did the Roundheads finally triumph?
3. Who was inspired to write a famous novel when staying at Slains Castle in Scotland?
F Scott Fitzgerald
4. Which castle has been fought over and changed hands more than any other Scottish castle?
Eilean Donan Castle
5. 36 Yeoman Warders, dressed in Tudor uniforms, guard the Tower of London. What are they called?
Blues and Royals
6. Which British castle was destroyed by long-distance cannons at the hands of Oliver Cromwell?
7. The largest of Henry VIII’s coastal forts was Deal Castle in Kent, which was built in 1540. What was the layout designed to resemble?
8. Which Shropshire castle leans at a seventeen-degree angle (three times further than the Leaning Tower of Pisa)?
9. The treasure of Ifor Bach, a former owner of a castle that once stood on the site of the present Castle Coch, is reputedly hidden in a nearby tunnel. But what is said to guard it?
10. Which movie starring Gwyneth Paltrow featured Broughton Castle in Oxfordshire as the location of the heroine’s house?
Shakespeare in Love